Bonjour from England!

For international member, in english if it possible, show us your project, an advert about your website/forum... only Polo, of course

Modérateurs: fandemapolo, oof-will, dj flex, lozoic, Arsene, TriPolo

Messagede GhostRider le 30 Sep 07 13:17

With which pipe of admission ?

What kind of intake manifold did you use ? (Pipe d'admission = intake manifold en anglais ;) )
O===w===O

HZ - 1043cc - 45cv : 364.500Kms !!! ~ 7L / 100 Kms

[ ][ ] |+| [ ][ ]
L98 - 5735cc - 230cv : 105.000 Kms De 11 à 30L / 100 Kms :lol:
GhostRider
High Mileage HZ

Messagede Foubiz le 30 Sep 07 13:24

merci :lol:
En faite j'ai fais les 2 comme cela sa relance le sujet :wink:
Mon post "The Origine" : viewtopic.php?t=3358
Foubiz
les bons tuyaux

gt mk2

Messagede ruben62 le 02 Oct 08 18:37

salut tu aurais des conseil pour preparer un gt mk2 avec carbu j ai vu la prepa sur la rouge impressionnante
ruben62
Polo driver

Messagede keutain le 05 Oct 08 10:14

ça fait un moment qu'il est pas venu ici!! Puis si tu lui parles en Anglais ça irait mieux je crois!!

Va sur "clubpolo.co.uk" c'est leur forum Anglais!!
keutain
Tordeur de soupape !

Messagede VWPowered le 24 Juin 09 17:48

hello, nice polo you got there, your french is better than mine :fuck:
VWPowered
Polo driver

Messagede + Steve + le 25 Juin 10 10:38

hi! :coucou:
i like your rear lights full red :cool:

nice wheels too

gd idea the stripes on the lights in continuity of the front grill :idea:
Polo fancy / 2F Scot / Golf1cab / Golf2 / Honda delSol / Combi Image
+ Steve +
Maudit sur 5 générations

Re: Bonjour from England!

Messagede keutain le 04 Juil 13 09:00

Hi Peter,

Could you please update your post about your red mk3?? (And other polo project if you have!)

I think it could interest some of ours! (Me, at least^^)

No problem to have it in english I can translate!

Thanks
keutain
Tordeur de soupape !

Messagede Yoof le 10 Juil 13 23:10

I will try and do a summary tomorrow :)

Thanks

Peter
Yoof

Messagede Yoof le 11 Juil 13 12:35

So I decided a car that could hit 110mph in 400m required a cage, especially a tin box polo. Hence this:

And a few custom suspension components thrown into the mix:

Top Mounts & G40 Cup Car Suspension (Sachs):

Proper seats:

I've got lots of pics which I won't bore you all with! The old engine made 223bhp and 210lbft with 25bhp of nitrous, so my aim for the new turbo setup is this, I'll put the nitrous back on when required [:P]

See you around!

Yoof
Yoof

Messagede Yoof le 11 Juil 13 12:36

So, thread is now back alive again- thanks :thumbup:

To update from Nov two years ago:

Flat floor made in the rear, complete with diffuser to stop the bumper acting like a 'cute:

Some paint on the cage and engine bay:

A little more interior going back in:

Carpets cut around the cage, I'm not a fan of track cars with no carpet in, so for the 2kg it adds:

Lots of little bits that take the time, stuff like making new door seals:

Was lucky to get these before Performance Trim folded:

More carefull cutting:

Diffuser on:

Fresh bits, adjustable TCA (camber) and new hubs with Bildon studs/nuts

Yoof

Messagede Yoof le 11 Juil 13 12:37

Common Polo mod to stop the chassis leg cracking, some CDS tube welded in:

The front compressions trut has also been fitted here, to allow castor adjustment, the TCA and top mount provide camber adjustment to about -4'

Cooling pack in:

First time on it's new wheels/tyres (Speedlines/ V700 cut slicks)

Carpet in:

Engine built back up:

EGT welded onto manifold:

Awaiting blower:

Crackly Paint:

Turbo, lines and more bits on:

Looking fairly car like:

Ouside for the first time in 18months, some may recognise the Blue Mk1 and the donor vehicle parked next to it lol

Yoof

Messagede Yoof le 11 Juil 13 12:37

Ready for downpipe to be made:

3" to 2.5" downpipe:

Subtle tailpipe:

And just about complete:

So, next up was to book Bruntingthorpe so me and Andy (elder brother) could spend a day mapping it, shaking the car down, and generally checking things over. No mechanical mishaps at all, recorded 153mph GPS in the wet, with lots of runway to go! oh, and this happened about 140mph:

lol

Vid of the run:

[video=youtube;vdr8VUh3gu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdr8VUh3gu8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

So after that, time to hit some trackdays :thumbup:

Blyton Park, video from my mates AX GT (Saxo VTS motor, Leda Suspension, Slicks etc- he can drive well too) Polo has much more power, but I'm not quite as brave! See the Polo about 10min in to the vid:

[video=youtube;ZDrPymSYsgw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDrPymSYsgw&feature=relmfu[/video]

So after that, decided it was time to get some proper slicks, but I had 256mm 4-pots, and slicks aren't cheap in 14", so:

Compo CXr-2 13x7 ET0:

My arches didn't thank me...

So, a trackday at Oulton later:

Gutted after the work that had gone into it, but hey ho, built to be ragged!
Yoof

Messagede Yoof le 11 Juil 13 12:38

So, time for another strip down:

WL Motorsport Gruppe H GRP Arches:

Complete with some GRP front wings and NACA ducts for brake cooling (managed to melt my centre caps on a trackday!):

Finally a GRP boot to replace the bent metal one:

I've had lots of GRP panels on various different Polos, and the fit is usually middling to poor, these, I was amazed, you could run the panels 100% stock fixings if you wanted, found a German Supplier called Timeless Car Designs, I have used them since for more parts and they're just as good, deffo reccomended :thumbup:

Rubber rivnuts used to hold the rear arches on:

Now, I had to make things a little faster after the accident, so I had a better chance of a repeat incident, so out with the glass:

That got sent of to Mr Paskal (who kindly drove to meet me on a few occasions) for some Lexan margard ones to be made.

In the meantime I purchased some road wheels, forgot how heavy these are:

Ready for the bodyshop:

Oh, at Oulton, after I crashed, we bent the car back out with a rachet strap so I could continue breaking things (second gear went in the afternoon), so, before:

During:

After:

So whilst the car was at the bodyshop I stripped my box down, scraped 2nd gear off my diff, and stuck it in another box:

Bit o' bog and a new VW repair panel (thank you eBay):

Bonnet repaired after Bruntingthorpe incident:

Yoof

Messagede Yoof le 11 Juil 13 12:38

Home from bodyshop:

So, got it built back up, windows from Mike, and ready for MOT:

Passed 1st time, MOT man was generally confused as to why someone would do this to a Polo, but he gave me a thumbs up and fresh ticket :thumbup:

Then went to a Pistonheads meet, after telling someone the bottom ends on these are good for 300bhp mate 'no sweat' :

B*gger. :cry:

Stripdown again (the mrs has given up all hope at this point):

Punched clean through both sides of the block, and ripped the starter from the box.

Solution:

To quote someone on Club Polo:

"Rod WHYYOUNOSTAYINBLOCK

because boost." lol

So, time for an update. I have the Club Polo trackday booked at Blyton in a few weeks time, and BVF was falling on my birthday weekend, and I'd just shat my engine fairly comprehensively.

Sat 14th I picked this up from Surrey:

Saved some time as it came with a 1341cc bottom end (but no BVH).

Already had stuff booked that weekend and Monday, so that basically gave me Tuesday- Friday lunchtime to strip en engine out the black G, rebuild with forged rods and a BVH, get all the rebuild parts, repair my leaking ally rad, put it in the car, and drive to BVF. Simples eh? Quickly filled my holiday sheet in on the Friday, and told work I'd see them in a week...

Here in, lies the tale, of the engine I have aptly named, 'the *******'.

So we start on Tuesday, engine out, gearbox split, and head off... to find its a stock head, bugger. Quick call to previous owner and PeteG40 sees me with some cash back, and me due to pick a new head up from Pete (thanks Lewis/Pete).

Spend the rest of the day splitting parts off my failed 1341cc motor. That evening I drive up to collect the head from Pete and have a brew.

Wednesday- parts arrive from Germany, and rods/bolts are already here, so split the new 1341cc further and take rods from pistons, install new rods. Start to put new rods back in bottom end, torquing them up happily (ARP torques not VW), and SNAP.

****. Game over.

So a call to the supplier and some head scratching later, I realise I've been an utter rainman and torqued them up to the incorrect bolt spec. 15lbft too much. With my background this is an epic failure. Call back to supplier, £80 later, lesson learnt, don't be a smart **** and read instructions properly.

Removed the other bolts, which had started to neck, they're now on my shelf of broken ****.

I didn't take many pics over the next day or so...

Thursday comes, and rod bolts arrive by courier about half 2. Hmm, leaving Friday lunch looks highly doubtful! Anyway, put everything back together and find on Thursday night, 'the *******' strikes again, this engine can't like the thought of 1.5bar up it's **** or something... fighting every step of the way, 2 cam bearing studs pull. ****, they're M7 and need helicoiling, not a problem I've got a kit as this is a common problem, kit is at my old unit 120miles away. The ******* strikes again.

So I get everything back together anyway, and figure I can sort it Friday, this is 7hrs of work:

I finished about 10.30pm Thursday night, engine still not fired/checked.

5am Friday morning, drive to Chelford, collect Helicoil kit, tell myself I'm mad, and drive home. Helicoil both studs, torque/angle them and they're good, sweet! Fill with fluids, and then fire it up. Running on 3 cylinders, ****, it's half 12 now, should be leaving in an hour for BVF.

Whip the plugs out, carbon deposit stopping cyl 1 firing, sound. Back to the full 4 now. Time it up and chuck the tent in the back, have a shower and wonder what I've not torqued up...

Andy gets home from work, we load the car up and leave about half 2 to meet Pete and Sam and convoy onto BVF. Car starts smoking.... hmmm, I did wonder where all the oil from my bottom end went, most of it seems to have been soaked into my manifold/downpipe wrap, que smoking for the next 50miles whilst other road users look generally worried.

Arrive at BVF, beaming. It's my birthday weekend, and my car and mates are there, sweet!

I was utterly shattered all weekend, but well worth it. Currently got a boost leak, but no other problems!

Or so I thought....
Yoof

Messagede Yoof le 11 Juil 13 12:39

Buggered the turbo too with some debris, so needed to replace that with a new unit. Anyhow, made Club GTi curby day:

Some pics from the day from GEAR Photography:

A vid and some pics from the other week. Think this was my quickest run, but still missed 3rd twice.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oGjdpb-JsOU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=oGjdpb-JsOU[/url]

Tow Car & Track Car:

Inside Vid:
[video=youtube;hgmGmDNWnGs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgmGmDNWnGs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The Polo then got a little too excited about being used again on track, and ****ed itself:

3rd gear (for a change) making a bid for freedom:

The box was cack from the start, so will get that rebuilt.

So that's about where I'm up to currently, in several ill-organised pictures! Will be doing some spannering over winter, and back out for some track action next year :thumbup:

Cheers

Pete
Yoof

PrécédenteSuivante

Retourner vers International Forum